Granite State Communications' Website Compass

2 WebsiteCompass Feature Story There are more than 592 million app downloads each day around the globe, and it’s easy to understand why. Apps can help you with everything frommundane tasks like grocery shopping tomore exciting activities like meeting new people. Google Maps is a good example of a highly practical app. It offers specific turn-by-turn directions to get you from one place to another, whether you’re driving, walking, biking, or using public transportation. It can also help you find coffee shops, restaurants, stores, and gas stations in unfamiliar areas. Despite all their advantages, 51% of U.S. smartphone users don’t download apps. In the following pages, we hope to convince you to be in the other 49% (if you aren’t already). Apps are simple programs designed to be intuitive and easy to use. There’s typi- cally a short learning curve before you’re confidently using an app and wondering how you ever lived without it. We’ve provided app basics (including why apps can be better than websites) and listed popular apps for you to try. We think you’ll especially like seeing how apps can help you in your daily life with checking the weather, getting groceries, staying fit, expanding your knowledge, and managing your mental health. In addition, be sure to check out the tips about app security. Get ready to tap an app! ENJOY APP-ETIZING CONVENIENCE AND VARIETY QUICK TIP: You can get app ver- sions of your favorite social media platforms, including Instagram , Twitter , and Pinterest . Source: Apps make it easier to connect, learn, relax, shop, and much more